The rules of padel game
Are you going to play padel for the first time? Then it is useful that you know the padel rules. We have listed them for you below. This way you know exactly what to look out for when playing your first game of padel!
The scoring in padel – same score as in tennis
The goal of Padel is to win two of the three sets that make up a match. In doing so, each pair must work as a team to get as many points as possible. Scoring in Padel is exactly the same as in tennis. That means that the points will be obtained as follows: 15, 30, 40 and game. If there is a tie at 40 – 40 then this is called a deuce, the winner is the first player to go two clear points first. The winner of the game is the one who has the best of three sets, each set consists of six games.
An intensive playing field
Because the court is much smaller than tennis and because it is enclosed the players will sit close together during play. This makes it such an intensive game to play. One of the unique features of the sport of padel is that you can continue playing from the glass. In contrast to tennis, it is not the case that the ball can easily go out through the side of the playing field, because these sides have a glass wall. This ensures that you have to pay even more attention than when playing tennis. The pace of the game really demands a lot from the players, which means that the condition of the players must be very high to play at a professional level. Fortunately, not everyone has the ambition to break through, it is also just a fun game to play with friends.
The most important padel rules
There are a lot of small rules that are important when playing padel, the most important ones can be found below:
• Padel matches are played between two pairs of players using special padel rackets, tennis rackets are of course not allowed.
• A coin is tossed before a match. The winner gets to choose whether to serve first or which side of the field to start on.
• Every match starts with a serve, unlike tennis, this serve is underhand. This makes it a lot easier for beginners to hit the ball.
• The opponent wins a point when one of the following happens:
1. The ball bounces twice or,
2. The ball hits you or a teammate
3. The ball hits the fence before going over the net
Once you’ve mastered these rules, you basically have everything you need to get started with your first match. Before you know it you will know how everything works, it is a fairly easy sport to learn to play.